A Recap of Week 1 & 2 of Exams ’18 – as told by you
Congratulations on making it thus far.
We asked you what you learnt in the first two weeks of the 2018 exam season.
This is what you came up with.
1. “Well I learnt what a Yamaha was” – Kate Lucinsky
Don’t give up on your dreams, Farm Boi. <3
2. “How to rip open plastic covers” – Micah Sullivan
3. “Maths is really geography” – Sarah de Vries
Maps are now included in probability, apparently.
4. “That there’s like a 48% chance the weather will be dry in both Ashburton and Timaru” – Meadow Scott-Chambers
Bhutan is where it’s at. (Also sorry not sorry for second Mean Girls gif)
5. “That the red thing on a chicken’s head is called the comb. And that NZQA wants us to suffer.” – Anoushka Divekar
^ NZQA after crafting the Level 1 Science exam.
6. “Green lasers don’t go straight through orange juice.” – Liam Cromwell
Calculate the refractive index of my tears.
7. “NOT WHAT TRIVIAL MEANT” – Kian Knight
An infrequently used word is the cause, a news article is the consequence. #ThanksJuliusCaesar #neverforget
8. “That ITALIAN RYEGRASS ACTUALLY HAS ASEXUAL REPRODUCTION NOT SEXUAL” – Hannah Christini
Excellence for anyone who drew the above on their paper
9. “How is hobby horsing a real sport?” – Kate Seager
Is it a French thing?
10. “That finally NZQA have apologised to current Y13’s for 2016 MCAT by giving them a good Calc exam” – Ben Matthews
To end on a wholesome note.