Dealing with Obstacles at School
Whether it’s ‘bad’ teachers or distracting classmates, there’s always obstacles to overcome in the classroom! We go over how to break down some of these barriers on this weeks episode.
Also, your questions about university entrance and uni hall applications!
University Entrance Checklist
- NCEA University Entrance Requirements
- Guaranteed entry score (GES), also called ‘rank score’
- Calculated off your 80 best credits in approved subjects at Level 3 (maximum of 24 credits per subject)
- Each excellence credit counts as 4 points, merit as 3 points, and achieved as 2 points – add these together
- Look at the GES for the course you want to get into. Required GES’s for the main universities are linked below:
- Finally, check if the course you want to do has any other specific requirements. This can generally be found on the course page of the relevant university’s website