Inspiration Education Limited (Trading as “StudyTime NZ”) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
StudyTime NZ is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
StudyTime NZ may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 2018.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact Information – This refers to your name, email, address and other information you provide our website
- Website activity – This refers to your browsing activity on the StudyTime NZ website.
- Device and browser information – The device or browser you use to access the StudyTime NZ website.
- Ad data – The online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes the number of times this has been served, the page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked or not on the ad.
- Data from Advertising Partners – This is data that we receive from other digital advertising companies that we work with (i.e. Google, Adroll, Facebook) to help us deliver ads to you and recognize you across browsers and devices.
We use this data to help our Advertisers identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant to you. We also use this data to operate, improve and enhance our services including enhancing the data points we or our Advertising Partners have about a particular user, browser, or device, or to target, optimize, cap, or synchronize advertising.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products, website and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies: How We Use Them
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Inspiration Education Limited uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. By visiting StudyTime NZ, third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on users’ browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you do not want to receive any targeted advertising from StudyTime NZ, you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
- Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
- In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
- If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
- We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.